A breakfast favourite of mine is baked oats! This is something I first became aware of when I was following the Slimming World plan around 6ish years ago. I still use the basics of the recipe but myself and my Mom have tweaked it a little with how we serve it! Which lets face it is the most important bit…
For this recipe you will need the following;
– 40g Gluten free oats
– 50ml Soya Milk (or any milk of your choice)
– Blueberries & Blackberries (raspberries and strawberries also work
amazingly in this)
– 1 table spoon of Sweetener
– 1 Egg (or half a banana)
– Vanilla Essence (Lemon or Almond flavouring work really well with this too)
Now the fun bit! Pre heat the oven at Gas Mark 5!
1. Mix the oats, milk, sweetener and egg together in a bowl.
2. Add 1/2 tea spoon of Vanilla Essence or flavouring of choice and mix well
3. Add fruit of choice to your cases/non-stick muffin tin (this mixture makes four muffins)
5. Evenually add the mixture into your cases, and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Once baked you can either allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy them or allow to cool completely and pop in a sandwich box for lunch, a snack, dessert or breakfast the next day!
Now so far this is perfectly following the slimming world recipe, however I like to add a twist to it by drizzling yoghurt over the top of them and allowing them to cool so the yoghurt stiffens, or adding a drizzle of Sweet Freedom’s Choc Shot!
If you are feeling even more adventurous you could make them using poppy seeds and lemon, or carrots and almonds with a cream cheese drizzle! There are many varieties to this recipe!!
Let me know if you use this recipe and share your images with me on Instagram (@theunluckycoeliac) or in the comments below!
The Unlucky Coeliac xo